MS Fife are currently looking for a Branch Secretary/Assistant Secretary. All the roles within the Branch are done by unpaid volunteers working mainly from home.
The main role of the secretary is to organise communication within the group.
What you could be doing (or assisting with)
- Deal with correspondence on behalf of the group
- Answer general enquiries
- Organise communication within the group e.g. e mails, mail-outs, letters etc
- Communicate with the group committee, keeping them informed of meetings and any other relevant information
- Prepare meeting agenda and record minutes
- Other basic admin tasks as required
- Attendance at relevant training arranged by the regional team (based at Ratho, Edinburgh)
- Liaise with local staff (Ratho), MS National Centre (London) and volunteers.
Skills experience and abilities you will need:
- Good written and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Organisational skills
- Confident in using Microsoft Office, the internet and e mail
Fife Branch hold monthly committee meetings in Kirkcaldy, and it is is hoped that the Secretary/Assistant would be able to attend regularly.
The Branch contact no is 07733 616770 e mail email@example.com.
If you would like to discuss these roles further, please contact us, and your call will be returned. Interviews may be held at a location convenient to you.